Wednesday, May 11, 2016

What About Bob?

This is the Levinson family (well, to be more specific, these are the seven grown Levinson children).



I've been lucky enough to have known several of them since I was in my late teens and an undergraduate at the University of Central Florida.  The oldest of the girls, Susan, was even my date to my first formal for my fraternity.

This is Robert Levinson, better known as Bob (pictured with his with Christine).



I have not had the chance to meet Bob personally, though I hope that one day this changes.  Why have I not had the chance yet?  Because, Bob is currently the longest held hostage in American history.  Back on March 9, 2007, yes, you read that right 2007, Bob was doing some work on Kush Island in Iran when he suddenly disappeared.  Besides a few proof of life videos and photos almost nothing has been seen or heard of him.  Other prisoners held by the government of Iran have been released, but not Bob.  The United States government owes this to Bob, a former DEA and FBI agent, and his family.  They owe it to every single person who knows and loves the Levinson clan.  They owe it to all of this country.

There is no way that I can say enough in this post to convey how much his family misses him.  How the grandchildren he has yet to meet want to be held in his arms.  How his wife wants to kiss her husband again.

I admit that I write a silly little blog, but this is not a silly little topic.  Please visit the sites below and read more about Bob and his family.  After you have been there, please call the White House and your government officials and demand that something be done to find out more about his current whereabouts and what is being done to bring this man home to his family.

http://www.helpboblevinson.com/
https://www.facebook.com/helpboblevinson/

No comments:

Post a Comment