Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Love This Time Of Year

So yesterday I posted why I hate election years. But despite that, this time of year, every year is special to me. Why? Keep on reading.

First...football! I love football in all it's forms. Whether it be the thrill of Friday night lights when I was in high school, watching my best friend and others from the stands while I had 45lb instrument on my shoulders and playing a fight song (fight for your wildcats!) to the ongoing love-hate relationship I have with my college team (let's go Knights!...oh crap we suck again). And the total ups and downs I get from watching the Saints. I love them all. Hell I'm even a "true" football fan, and enjoy drinking a pint while cheering on the Gunners. In all honesty it's probably because all of them, including high school football, gave/give me a reason to have a beer!

Second, Olive Garden and Red Lobster. Never Ending Pasta Bowl!! Endless Shrimp!! Yes, I may not be able to eat as much as I used to (and damn happy for that), but damn it's a good time to eat at a Darden restaurant!

Lastly, the summer is almost over. While that meant a whole other thing when I was kid, like going back to school and going back to sleep earlier. Now it means being able to start turning up or off the a/c. Being able to go from my front door without needing another bath. And the rainy season in central Florida slowly coming to an end. Don't get me wrong, I love Florida but DAMN can it get hot down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment