Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Another Year...

If you have ever ready anything that I post on here, I'm usually a bit sarcastic about just about everything.  One of my ex's would have constantly called it my "passive aggressive" nature.  I guess that is one of the many reasons she is an ex.

But today there will be none of that.  11 years ago today the most atrocious attack on the citizens of the United States of America ever happened.  I know I don't have to go into details for anyone who may be reading this.  Suffice it to say, 11 years ago almost 3000 human beings lost their lives due to an act of outright terrorism.  Whether you agree with the wars that have followed which were started in some way or fashion since 9/11 (and on account of it) or not, if you are an American citizen, regardless of race, creed, political affiliation, sexual preference, or any other category we love to throw people into, then today you need to dip your head in remembrance of those we have lost.

Say a prayer if you are so inclined to the firemen, police officers, and every day citizens who were heroes that day.  Say another for all those heroes who lost their lives.  And lastly, say a prayer to be living in this country.  Because, like it or not, economic downturn or not, it's still a pretty damned great country.


No comments:

Post a Comment