Monday, September 10, 2012

Hate Election Years

This is going to be a short rant, for two reasons. First, it's the first post I'm trying from my iPhone, and I doubt that I can type a long drawn out post on here. Second, the topic upsets me.

During election years normal, educated, and typically well mannered people become raving lunatics. Lord, I wish I knew why. I admit, with no reservations, and hate it or love it, that I am registered Republican. Does this mean that I have drank all the kool-aid that my "party" mixes up, especially every 4 years? Hells no! All it means is that I believe in more of their core beliefs than I do of the Democrats.

That being said, there are several things that the Democrats say that make a lot of sense to me. But you know what? They are just as crazy, if not more so (especially with an incumbent in the running) than the Republicans in defending their crazy beliefs. Again, please read that last sentence again. I stated that BOTH sides is damn crazy, just this time around the hardcore Dems seem to be dropping the crazy pills by the handful.

I really don't care what chart or graph you come up with from such and such website. Want to know why? The other side can produce a chart or graph from just as reputable (or disreputable) site which is saying the same damn thing.

Your constant bashing of one another on Facebook, calling the other side names (again I'm calling everyone crazy here so this post doesn't count), saying that your evil is the lesser of the two evils proves only one thing. That you are a douche. And you've cost yourself many a friend because you tried to force your beliefs down someone else's throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment