Friday, January 7, 2011

UCF Knights

Yes, it's a week late, but since I just started the blog I have to say something about my alma mater.  Never would have thought 16 years ago when my older brother started at the University of Central Florida, or 11 years ago when I started my education there, that UCF would have a football team worth a crap.  Yeah, Daunte Culpepper was a hell of a quarterback and brought some recognition to the school, but sadly injuries took him out of being a truly amazing NFL QB.

But here it is, 2011, and not only have the Knights had their best season in school history, resulting in their 4th bowl appearance, and 1st bowl victory in the Auto Zone Liberty Bowl on December 31, 2010, but they also ended the regular season ranked in the BCS Top 25.  Not that shabby for the little directional state school in East Orlando (I say "little" but it doesn't hurt that UCF is the 2nd largest school in the country, outdone by only Arizona State).

Add to all this that the UCF Men's Basketball team is ranked in the Top 20 right now and is one of only seven schools with an undefeated season so far...yeah it's a damn good time to be a Knight, or in my case a Knight Alumnus.

No comments:

Post a Comment