Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Crime Lex Luthor Would be Aghast At!

As a comic book geek for many, many years (mostly thanks to my older brother), I've got a soft spot for anyone who reads them.  I spent countless hours growing up, and still do occasionally, getting lost 32-pages at a time in the worlds of DC, Marvel, Image, Dark Horse and many other publishers.

So when my brother sent me this article about a scumbag who stole a Superman collection from a mentally disabled man, it really got to me.

What right does another human being have to do this to someone?  Let alone someone who has a diminished mental capacity.  It makes me sick to my stomach that this son of a bitch is out there walking around, probably having hocked all of the collection for money for drugs or some other worthless thing. 
 

I'm sure some of the people reading this think that comics are just some "other worthless thing".  If so that is your opinion, but please never come back to this blog.  "Y'all ain't welcome here no mo'".  Comics can be as engaging as any good movie (often better), as thrilling as any good book (but with pictures!), or as mesmerizing as any work of art.  They help bolster the love of the written word.  They provide a place to escape to when things aren't always the best.  They let you dazzle your friends with amazing knowledge of how certain superheroes came to be (OK, not so great...but still kinda cool in my book).

I plan on going through my old collection in the next couple of days and grabbing some old issues of Superman to send to Mike.  If any of you out there would like to do the same, or just send him a kindness (which LORD knows this world could use more of) please send to:

Mike Meyer c/o Bill Smith
7041 Kingsbury Blvd.
St. Louis, Mo. 63130

No comments:

Post a Comment